A lot of us face a problem of bad odor inside the car. Actually, extra odor inside the car is the reason to perform a complete inspection and find the reason. There is no universal solution to the problem. First, you need to find the source of it.
Source of the smell is bacteria, which can grow up in dirty places. In some cases, when you breathe same air your lunges can become seek and you will require visiting your doctor.
Bad odor can be dangerous for a driver because he cannot concentrate on the road. Most affordable way to eliminate it – is to spray the deodorants. That kind of deodorants cannot destroy the odor – they just mask it for several days.
Let us say the petrol smell means that most likely drainage line of petrol tank required cleaning. If you have engine oil odor than need to check engine gaskets and seals. Most dangerous is burning smell and need to check electric wire.
Other main sources are:
– air conditioner vents,
– drinks/food on the seats,
– shoe traces on the car floor carpet,
– old water can be the reason of odor inside the car, under the seats or floor gaps,
– plastic parts of the car interior can have a bad smell, and they require specific polishing substances,
– cigarette/tobacco smell is most common; it can stay inside fabric and under the roof upholstery and ashtray of course; most of the smoking drivers do not feel the smell inside his car,
– fish, onion, egg, and urine – those 4 will produce the worst ever smell once you forgot them to remove.
Many people use old simple methods, which are actually very useful to remove the:
– dry smell – mix baking soda in water, and then spray inside the car for 3-4 hours,
– wet smell – coffee beans inside the fabric bag; keep them inside at least 3 days,
– tobacco smell – keep the plate with a paper towel inside the car and feel the plate with vinegar; remove the plate after 4-5 hours, or vanilla extract – just apply several drops on the seats,
Most regular methods to keep car interior fresh are:
– regular general cleaning with a vacuum cleaner,
– scrub the car interior to release the dirt,
– do not forget food and drinks inside,
– regularly replace the cabin filter,
– the more fresh air inside the car,
– wipe the car dashboard,
– steam clean interior,
– ozone generators.
If you do not feel bad odor it does not mean that the air is fresh. Usually you feel comfortable with your body smell but in fact, it is changing every day and your car interior accumulates all those odors. The ones body smell depends on main 3 reasons:
– how often you use the shower,
– your physical activity,
– your food and drinks.
Many food ingredients from fast food restaurants can specify your body smell. Let us say alcohol, sunflower oil, spicy, potato fries, red meat – if you like them too much it means you will have special and usually negative smell within an hour’s after having your launch.
That is why regular cleaning is a must procedure for your vehicle. In that cases, you can also use dry fogging – a special process when the hygienically approved substance will act as a fog inside the car and reach bacteria in all places even under the roof and eliminate them. As a result, the original factory smell will return to your car.
I hope this article was helpful for you.