Here’s some things to think about before walking on the roof of a house. If you slip and fall off the roof you could get hurt seriously. For your own safety if you have no experience walking on a roof use extreme caution. I would even suggest using a ladder and moving the latter around the perimeter of the house if you are inspecting the roof for damage.
Here’s some things to keep in mind before walking on a house roof.
1. If the building is above two stories hire a contractor especially if you think the roof has building damage.
2. If the roof is too steep stay off. This could be extremely hazardous to your health.
3. If the roof is severely damaged and has loose shingles or tiles, this could create a safety hazard as you slip on one of these loose shingles and possibly fall off the roof.
4. You should stay off the roof at all costs if there is snow or ice. Ice obviously is extremely slippery and would be difficult to walk on. The difficulty would be increased if the roof has a steep slope.
5. Now last but not least if the roof is wet you should avoid walking on it until it is dry. I have been on wet roofs before and personally slipped myself losing my balance but not falling off of the roof.
Climbing up on a roof and walking around is not child’s play and should be left to an experienced professional . If you feel comfortable walking around on any roof please use caution. If you slip in the middle of the roof there is a good chance you will be able to regain your balance or have time to stop yourself before falling off.
I would suggest using caution near the edges of the roof. If the roof is too steep or you don’t feel comfortable, why risk serious injury. Use common sense along with the proper ladders to ensure your safety and “Think before walking on a house roof.”