As you develop your business plan for your gutter cleaning business, it is important to build in elements that will help you expand and grow your business. Below are seven tips that help increase your profit and your clientele base. Some of these are one-time services, whereas others can be done on a regular basis for the same client.
- Offer a guarantee. You can decide how long you want to guarantee your work, but a good starting place is three months. This is especially important when you are first starting out and any time you have a new client. Offering a guarantee will help build trust in your work and will likely leave a positive impression, leading at least to a repeat customer, and possibly to recommendations to other new clients.
- Offer to install downspout filters. If you buy the mesh needed in bulk, it will cost you about 10 cents per filter. The going rate is $3 to $5 per filter, which will usually total between $30 and $60 per house.
- Add tree trimming service. Cut back limbs that hang over the roof. This will make your job easier in the future and can potentially save the customer costly roof repairs in the future.
- Install gutter guards and gutter helmets. These protect the gutters from large debris and can add between $300 and $500 per job.
- Offer a repair service. For an additional cost, you can repair and replace worn out gutters, which will help maintain the roof.
- Add a window and skylight cleaning service. Skylights generally run about $20 per skylight and window cleaning adds an additional $80 to $120.
- Offer roof cleaning services. You can easily clean roofs with a pressure washer and a leaf blower. You can also offer to apply a preventative moss treatment once you have cleaned the roof.
Offering additional services, such as those listed above, will bring in more business with your current clients and will provide additional opportunities for expanding your client base. The more services you provide, the more opportunities you have to showcase your skills and stellar customer service, eventually leading you to become more sought after.