With over 750 roofing contractors in NSW how do you decipher between good and bad roofing contractors? They all claim to be the best at what they do but here we explore some tips and questions to think about when interviewing roofing contractors for your next roofing job.
1. When shopping around for roofing contractors make sure you get quotes for the cost of the job and estimates on the jobs timeframe. Ensure all quotes are for the same specifications so that you can compare costs more efficiently.
2. Do the roofing contractors have referrals? Do you know anyone who has used their services previously? Referrals are important in order to get an idea of their workmanship and reputation.
3. Ensure you receive a written contract from the roofing contractors that you choose to employ, but remember DO NOT sign anything until you are completely clear on the contents of the contract.
4. How do you feel about the roofer? These people will be at your home so it is important you feel comfortable with them and believe they will get the job done. How did they present themselves? Did you feel they were professional?
5. How long have the roofer been in business? Longevity in business is a good sign that they are a reliable and result orientate company.
6. Do not choose to work with a roofing contract that demands full payment for work upfront. The most you should have to pay upfront is 10% of the quoted price.
7. Make sure that the roofer that you choose is insured and licensed. Also, check to see if their qualifications are accessible to you to check.
8. Ask the roofer about the processes involved in your roofing job. If you know the steps involved you can keep track of the job and ensure they are meeting the jobs time requirements.
9. Find out what happens during bad weather. You roof will be exposed during the roofing process so it is important to know how your home and belongings will be protected during bad weather and during the night.
10. Do your roof contractors of choose offer an emergency service? What happens if there is a major storm or damage to your roof during the projects duration.
By taking the time to consider each of these tips and questions you will ensure that you pick the best roofing contractor for you and your roofing job.