Somehow you found yourself at a 90 minute high pressure sales presentation about the “joys of ownership.” Think of the hotel prices you will not have to pay? Think of the resale value! Think of trading into that cool Paris timeshare property for your dream vacation. So, you asked a million questions, and they were all answered the way you wanted. It sounded like a great way to have a ready-made vacation for you and your family for years. After about 3 hours, you went ahead a bought one; you and millions of others. That was a few years ago, and now you wish you had never heard the word “timeshare.” But there is a solution so you no longer have to stress out about annual fees, property taxes and the ever looming “special assessment”. Here are a few reasons why you should consider letting us help you get out of that timeshare:
- Hidden fees: They do not tell you that with a timeshare comes a membership fee at Interval International or RCI. These are the two big exchange companies that allow you to put your timeshare “up” for exchange. They also do not tell you that there is a fee to “exchange” of about $150. So add these fees on top of all the others, add in the decline in property value worldwide, and you are spending more than you would on hotel fees. If you cannot afford to join these services, then you are probably not even using your property so you have just given someone else a good chunk of your money. Stop. Do not give them anymore! Let us free you!
- The property you bought does not exchange well: It is great to think that once in a while you can exchange your property for some “kewl” location like Aruba or Maui. But if your property has restrictions like “not available during Christmas” and it is located in Park City, Utah, few people, if any will want to go. Who goes to Park City in the summer? Maybe a few die hard mountain bikers, but they are not usually the Timeshare demographic! If this is happening to you, you are on the hook for fees and taxes and lost exchange fees for something you are not able to use. That’s messed up.
- Your life has changed since you bought. Maybe when you originally purchased, you had kids at home and the property was on a lake. This was great for a few years and you took some awesome pictures of you wakeboarding. But now, the kids are gone, and you are pretty much done with the lake. The economy is terrible and you cannot get even half of what you paid for it 10 years ago. Don’t pay the special $2000 assessment for that new roof on a property you never use. Let us help you get out of this financial noose.
- The “network” of properties you can trade into is useless. Often, timeshare companies tout their own free network of properties. “We have properties all over the world”. “No exchange fee”. This sounds fabulous but you are not savvy enough to ask exactly where these properties are. It turns out (after you have purchased) that there is only one property in “London”, it is booked for the next century, and it is a 30 minute underground trip to get to London proper. Talk about bait and switch! Maybe you can reserve a week for your grandchildren!
- “Getaway Time”: Once you buy, you realize that you really enjoy the property and you want to visit more. The only way you can visit beyond the week you purchased is to buy “getaway time”, rates that are available to owners that are usually pretty reasonable. The problem is the property does not care about owners, so it lists its vacancies on Hotwire or Trip Advisor for triple what they charge owners for “getaway time”. So, you are out of luck because somehow, the higher paying people always come before owners. Yes, they tell you at the sales pitch that “ownership has privileges”. But it is a lie. There are none except for the privilege of dipping in your pockets and watching your precious location be sold to others at $350 a night!
Maybe your timeshare was OK for a few years, but now it is just an albatross around your neck. Timeshare Resolution can get you out of this timeshare terror.