If your current residential or commercial roof is significantly damaged or deteriorating, it’s probably time to look into getting it replaced. A new roof is a sizeable purchase, one that requires a good deal of consideration and research. There are some do’s and don’ts if you are considering a new roof installation, so here are a few questions to keep handy when the situation arises:
1) Is the roofing contractor licensed, insured, certified, and bonded? If so ask to see a copy of such licenses and certifications, and make sure they are all current and up to date.
2) Do they offer affordable payment and pricing plans? For example, do they take payments and/or offer low or no-interest loans?
3) Do they offer a wide variety of styles and colors to choose from? Look for flat roofs, metal roofs, and recyclable or “green” options.
4) How long do their new roofs last? Do they offer a no-leak guarantee, money back guarantee, or lifetime warranty?
5) Is there a business owner that is available to talk to, who can answer your questions?
6) Are they experienced at both residential and commercial roofing installations?
7) What is their estimated timeline to finish the project?
8) Do they have customer testimonials and/or references they can provide?
9) Do they offer free roofing inspections?
10) Do they have samples to show you?
Any good, reputable roofing company should be able to answer these questions and more to your satisfaction. Your home or business is a precious asset you need to protect, and your roof is an integral part of that asset. You don’t have to make a snap decision when mulling over your options for a new roof replacement, take your time and explore what’s out there so you can choose the very best roofing contractor to do the job. Make sure the roofing company uses GAF and CertainTeed materials and industry approved products. If you select a company or individual that is not properly licensed or insured, you run the risk of ending up with a roof that will fall apart quickly or leak. In cases such as these, it is wise to hire a professional roofing company that is experienced in all facets of roofing maintenance, repairs, and replacement. Don’t leave the roof on your house or business to chance by allowing an amateur to do the job. You will have peace of mind if you have your new roof professionally installed.